Plumbing DispatcherApply Now
Hiring Plumbing Dispatcher in Durham, NC
Acme Plumbing Co. is searching for qualified plumbing dispatcher applicants in Durham, NC. Your duties will include answering phone, assisting clients and scheduling service calls, dispatching all service calls to ensure maximum scheduling efficiency without compromising client satisfaction, deal directly with plumbers to ensure clients are serviced, and manages the dispatch board to keep field personnel on the move.
Acme Plumbing Co. has built our company using old fashioned values. We believe that honesty, integrity and the quality that our employees provide, is the reason we have been able to build and grow our family-owned and operated company to what it is today. Our employees have made us a trusted plumbing service provider in Durham, NC and we are proud to consider them like family.
- Makes every effort to compress call scheduling effectively maximizing productivity and revenue
- Notifies clients ahead of time without fail if the plumber is not going to arrive at their home within the scheduled time window
- Re-schedules appointment times at client’s convenience as necessary
- Makes every effort to ensure plumbers can stay on the job
- Strictly adheres to the Dispatching for Profits Priority Service Schedule, ensures the “Right” plumber is sent to the “Right” appointment, the Dispatcher must be familiar with the technical competencies of each plumber and understand how to best maximize service and revenues for each call
- Shares responsibility to ensure that all plumbers arrive at their designated appointments on time
- Uses excellent customer service skills when dealing with clients
- Gets all necessary details when scheduling service appointments for clients
- Utilizes all necessary computer programs to make sure job is done in the most effective and efficient manner
- Completes all assigned tasks in an accurate and timely fashion
- Additional duties required as needed
- High School Diploma
- Above average written, verbal, communication, and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent telephone skills required
- Must be proficient at multitasking
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and other computer applications
- Excellent customer service skills required
- 2-4 years of related office experience preferred
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Equal opportunity employer
Full Time position
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday. Overtime.
About The Company
We have been serving the Triangle area through four generations of the Tilley family. Acme Plumbing Co. was started by W. Laurence Tilley, Sr., under the name of S & T Plumbing. In 1952, W. L. “Dub” Tilley, Jr. and his wife, Shirley, joined the company full time and the name was changed to Tilley’s Acme Plumbing & Heating Company and then, simply, Acme Plumbing & Heating Company. In 1957 the business was incorporated.
The business originally worked out of the Tilley residence, first on North Duke Street and then in 1952 to the family garage on what is now Olympic Drive. In 1964, the company merged with Paschall Brothers Plumbing which resulted in a 20-year lease at 326 West Geer Street (now Common Ground). In addition to its offices and popular parts counter, Acme included a bath accessory shop, “The Bath Boutique.” In 1983, Acme purchased property around the corner and moved to its current location at 636 Foster Street.
Fourth generation Laurence T. Tilley joined the service team in 2013 and is leading the company’s efforts to re-invent itself as good old Acme Plumbing Co.. Laurence Tilley, Eddie Paul, Efrem Whitehurst, John Armour and Michael Villines—assisted by Lee Ann Tilley and Emily Brincefield—will soon be taking care of Acme’s loyal Durham customer base with newly-branded trucks and uniforms.
With deep roots in the community, we strive to provide the best in plumbing service and commercial new construction plumbing design and build services. We are looking for new team members to join Acme Plumbing, Inc., a trusted name in plumbing services.
Acme Plumbing Co.
- Equal opportunity employer