Water Heater Installation & Repair in Durham
Trusted Plumbers Serving Durham & The Surrounding Areas
Water heaters are an integral part of any home. Therefore, you will want to make sure that you not only choose the right one, but that you have a trusted source to keep your plumbing running efficiently once it has been installed. If you are currently searching for a water heater, you know that you have many choices, including whether or not a tank or tankless option is right for you. At ACME Plumbing Co., our team of professionals can guide you in the right direction and help you choose the right option. We can then help with later services!
These are the types of water heaters available to choose from:
- Conventional tank water heaters
- Gas and electric water heaters
- Tankless water heaters
- Solar water heaters
If you need any help with choosing a water heater, or even installation or repair in your Durham home, please contact us online today!
Which Water Heater Should I Choose?
What are the first signs that it is time to replace your water heater? You may have already begun noticing that your shower or tub isn’t warming as quickly as you remember. Or, the water alternates between hot and cold. Our Durham water heater plumbers know that nothing can be more uncomfortable than unpredictable water temperatures.
Other signs that it may be time to replace your water heater:
- The water appears rusty as it runs.
- Your shower or faucet is making whining or rumbling noises.
- The water heater is making gurgling noises.
- Water is leaking or pooling around the water heater base.
- The water is taking a long time to come to temperature or is inconsistent.
We would never recommend replacing your water heater unless absolutely necessary. We inspect your unit thoroughly and then determine what options you might have to repair it. However, replacing your unit may turn out to be the most viable solution, so we can assist you in deciding on which unit will be right for you.
Benefits of Installing a Tankless Water Heater
When you’re considering what type of water heater to replace your current unit with, it’s important to at least look into the potential value of a tankless water heater. While the up-front cost is higher than a traditional unit, the long-term benefits can outweigh the initial investment depending on your situation.
Some of the top benefits of tankless water heaters include:
- A longer lifespan than a traditional water heater: Traditional units typically last 10 years, maybe a couple more if you keep up to date with annual service. Tankless units last 20 years on average.
- Lower energy bills: Traditional water heaters need to keep anywhere from 50 to 100 – and maybe more – gallons of water hot and ready to go 24/7. This can have a noticeable impact on your energy bill. Tankless water heaters only heat water as it’s used, which can dramatically cut back on the amount of energy needed to run it on a day to day basis.
- Tankless water heaters are more environmentally friendly than tank water heaters: Not only will the drop in energy usage help cut down your utility bill, but it will help lessen your home’s carbon footprint. Over the course of two decades, the difference could be substantial.
- Takes up considerably less space: Tankless water heaters are approximately 1/5 the size of a traditional unit. Replacing your current water heater with one will free up an entire closet worth of space.
Work with Our Fourth-Generation Plumbing Company
ACME Plumbing Co. has been in the plumbing business for more than four generations and is proud to have deep roots in our community. If you need water heater repair in Durham, we are your neighborhood plumbers. We can handle nearly any type of plumbing job, no matter how complex the situation might be.
Call us today at (919) 371-0063 to request service from our Durham water heater experts.